Ages 1 to 5 years
- Submit a Parent Interest Form.
- Look for our auto-response in your email box to insure your interest form was received.
- Wait for an email invitation to an enrollment tour for your child's age. The Toddler Community has rolling enrollment. The Children' House typically hosts tours from November to June for fall/school-year enrollment, though enrollment tours could happen at any time based on space availability.
- Attend one or more of our public Montessori Hours while you wait for a tour. Dates, times and topics are listed on the main page of our web site. We do give enrollment priority to parents who have attended our educational events.
- If you have not taken an enrollment tour within six months and are still interested in future enrollment, you may stay active on our list for another six months by emailing or calling.
- You will receive an enrollment application at your enrollment tour. As soon as you know you would like to enroll, complete and return the application. You will be placed in our wait pool if space is not available immediately. Toddlers are enrolled one child at a time throughout the year. New preschool/kindergarteners usually begin in September.
- Once a space is confirmed for your child, a non-refundable wait list deposit is due within one week to hold your space. Confirmations will begin mid-January for the following September. Note that families will have priority for available spaces based on the following criteria.
- Balancing classrooms by age and gender
- Our perceived ability to meet your child's needs
- Siblings of children in the program
- Attendance at one or more of our parent education events
- Date of contact on your interest form
Priority is given to transfers from other Montessori schools only after age 4.
- Before your child begins, you will be asked to observe in one of the classrooms, attend a New Parent Orientation, complete questionnaires about your child, and meet with the classroom Guide.
- For applicants age 5 and above, we will request school records and a teacher's assessment letter from your child's previous school. We will also have the child visit during the school day to assess their placement.
Ages 6 to 11 years
- Fill out a Parent Interest Form.
- You will receive an email with a list of available program tour dates and an invitation to join one of our morning tours to learn more about the Elementary Program and Childpeace community. Enrollment tours take place November through February.
- You will receive application materials at your enrollment tour. Submit all paperwork to Childpeace by March 1st for priority consideration for the following school year.
- Your child may be invited for a half-day shadow day visit should we anticipate a potential opening at their age level. This is an opportunity for your child to experience the program and share back their impressions.
- Offers of enrollment are extended March-August based on space availability, our perceived ability to meet your child's needs and balancing classroom dynamics. Some priority is given to siblings of children in the program and those transferring from other Montessori schools. If we are unable to offer enrollment, your child's application is placed in a wait pool in case of unexpected openings.
- Once an offer of enrollment is accepted by a family, the Program Director will work with you through the next steps in the enrollment and orientation process.
Ages 12 to 15 years
- Fill out a Parent Interest Form.
- Parents must attend an Metro Montessori Tour or an Open House. If necessary, you may arrange a different day/time with the Admissions Director.
- Students must have a full school-day visit with the middle school community, usually on a Tuesday or Thursday. Visits must be completed before enrollment is considered.
- Fill out the Application Packet. Deadlines can be found in the application packet.
- Once the application and student visit are complete, we will schedule a parent interview for families applying from outside Childpeace. The intention of the interview is to get a clearer picture of the student's strengths and needs, and to discuss the culture and educational offerings of our school.
- You will be notified with an offer of enrollment or placement on the wait list. Acceptance of students is based on space availability, our perceived ability to meet your child's needs and balancing classes by age and gender. Priority is given to transfers from other Montessori schools.
Parent Tour Information
Here is your chance to experience our Montessori Adolescent Program! Metro is a vibrant school community that celebrates our middle school students! Come and see our program firsthand! Tours will be led by Metro Montessori Program Director, Nancy Coronado. They begin at 9:00 am and they last about an hour. They are meant for parents, but students are welcome to attend as well.
Student Visit Days
Interested in coming to Metro? Come to one of our Student Visit Days! Your tour day will begin at 8:10 am and will end at 3:15, near the end of our school day. You will be paired with a current Metro Montessori student who will be your guide throughout the day. The Guides will also help to welcome and direct you, as needed. Bring a lunch with you. Our Student Visit Days are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays. If you are interested in coming to Metro as a middle school student, you must join us for a full-day visit to be considered.
RSVP for both Tuesday Tours and Student Visit Days by calling 971-200-8316.